Contents: 100mL nutrient solution, pressure-equalised withrawal device, sterile swabs and syringes.
1) Inject 100mL bottle lid as normal with a culture.
2) Shake and incubate. Shake every fews days to encourage lots of small pieces of mycelium.(About 1-3 weeks should be fine depending on temperature, species, etc). Incubate for too long as you will get a large clump of mycelium).
3) When you are ready to withdraw you can use the withdrawing port (see photo) and a luer-lock syringe without needle. First, shake hard to break up mycelium, swab lid.
4) Carefully remove withdrawing port from packaging and push spike in through butyl rubber lid of bottle.
5) Remove syringe from packaging and attach to top of port by screwing in place.
6) Carefully invert the whole assembly and fill syringe. The port allows pressure equalisation and contains a sterile air filter.
7) Remove syringe and attach sterile needle to syringe. Syringe can be stored in a fridge for some time (maybe up to a month).
8) Swab port and repeat.